Budget Friendly Travel Destination In India
Best Budget Travel Destinations in India
A mesmerizing destination further from Kolkata, Darjeeling is a must-visit place for both budget and leisure travelers. From enjoying a ride in the Himalayan Railways up till the highest altitude railway station (Ghum Railway Station), watching the spectacular view of Mount Kanchenjunga, gorging on piping hot desi Chinese food, to visiting the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Darjeeling makes for a perfect budget travel destination in India.
- Average cost: Stay + Food = ₹1100-Rs 1500/day approx.
- Best time to visit Darjeeling: March to May; October-November
- Sight seeing: Tiger Hill, Batasia Loop, Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park, Peace Pagoda, Ghum Monastery, Rock Garden
- Nearest Railway Station/Airport: New Jalpaiguri Railway Station/ Bagdogra Airport
One of the most exotic cities in India, Udaipur also offers good scope for budget travel. While you can explore the opulent City Palace, take a boat ride on Lake Pichola or even check out the vintage car museum, as a budget traveler you can cut down travel costs by booking budget hotels or shared dormitories and relishing amazing street food in Udaipur.
- Average cost: Stay + Food = ₹ 700-Rs 1000/day approx.
- Best time to visit Udaipur: September-March
- Sight Seeing in Udaipur: Lake Pichola, City Palace, Fatehpur Sagar, Vintage Car Museum, Eklingji Temple
- Nearest Railway Station/Airport: Udaipur Railway Station/ Maharana Pratap Airport
Located on the lap of the Himalayas, Rishikesh is one of the best destinations for budget travel in India. It is an enchanting place that offers you quite a bit for the cheapest rates, and from temples, cafes to yoga centers Rishikesh transports you to an altogether different world! If you are a daredevil and will to shell out extra money on adventure sports, plan your trip around the time when river rafting, bungee jumping, ziplining etc are allowed for tourists.
- Average cost: Stay + Food = ₹500- ₹1000/day approx.
- Adventure activities: ₹400 – ₹1600 per person approx.
- Best time to visit Rishikesh: September-November
- Sight Seeing in Rishikesh: Laxman Jhula, Triveni Ghat, Beatles Ashram, Vashishtha Gufa
- Nearest Railway Station/Airport: Dehradun Railway Junction/ Jolly Grant Airport
You can never miss Pondicherry in the list of budget tourist destinations in India. A city with cobblestoned French quarters, golden beaches, cozy cafes offering dainty delicacies, temples and Auroville Ashram, Pondicherry is the perfect place to experience French and Indian culture in a single city. If you want to travel cheap and still enjoy every bit of the place, Pondicherry is the best choice!
- Average cost: Stay + Food = ₹ 500- ₹1000/day approx.
- Best time to visit Pondicherry: October-March
- Sight seeing in Pondicherry: Auroville, Aravind Ashram, Paradise Beach
- Nearest Railway Station/Airport: Puducherry Railway Junction/ Chennai International Airport
Although popular as a honeymoon destination of South India, Kodaikanal is a perfect choice for budget trips in India if you are travelling solo or with friends. Sparkling lakes, lush greenery, clouds and mist, and beautiful hills make it a perfect destination to be when you wish to escape the chaos of the city life.
- Average cost: Stay + Food = ₹ 1500- ₹2000/day approx.
- Best time to visit Kodaikanal: October to March
- Sight seeing in Kodaikanal : Kodaikanal Lake, Silver Cascade Falls, Coaker’s Walk
- Nearest Railway Station/Airport: Kodai Railway Station/ Madurai Airport
You may be interested in