GHOSTWRITER: MAKING THE WRITING MARKET MORE FLEXIBLE
Who is a Ghostwriter:
A ghostwriter is a person who writes the main content of any kind of work whether it is some literary or journalistic works, speeches, or any kind of content but the author is credited to be another person.
What is Ghostwriting:
Nowadays, ghostwriting is becoming one of the newest trends in content marketing, thus many people getting benefits from it. But still, many businesses and brands are not aware of the concept of ghostwriting services. Brands and businesses need ghostwriters to get their content in written form.
Why one should hire a ghostwriter?
If someone is an executive and running a business then he most probably not have the time to his brand by himself. Meanwhile, content writing is all about content marketing, you will surely prefer to get quality content written by someone else who is a professional ghostwriter who helps you to promote your brand instead that you are doing this work yourself. Some further advantages of hiring a ghostwriter are as follow:
- Save your time and hence, your money
- Get quality content that has been written professionally
- Get Search Engine enhanced content to boost SEO score
- Help you in building brand awareness quickly
How to hire a ghostwriter:
Following are the few points which you should keep in mind before hiring a ghostwriter.
- Project goals should be well defined.
- Know where to search for ghostwriters.
- Evaluate the ghostwriter's skill level.
- Look at the ghostwriter's previous works.
- Define whether the ghost can express your voice and style.
- Be clear and specific about what you want.
- Discuss the details of the process.
- Remember that availability isn't everything.
Now let's study five active ghostwriting services:
- Content Fly
- Copy press
- Scripted: It is based in San Francisco and was founded in 2011. Scripted is no stranger to content production. It's been pioneering the industry. With two service layers, Scripted has remained balanced in its approach, making it available to small businesses at the self-service level and better catering to larger businesses with its managed accounts.
- Demand as much or as little content as you want, every time you want it
- They are amongst the largest, most well-known, and well-trusted content production agencies on the web
- Has a various pool of pre-vetted, highly-qualified ghostwriters across several different industries
- Offers excellent and prompt customer service
- Multiple membership stages, including self-service and managed accounts
- WriteUp: The headquarter is located in Texas. WriteUp says they sustain strict quality standards with a wide-ranging writer application and training process. They're also one of the only agencies to advertise additional security methods, like 2FA (two-factor authentication) and a Writer Agreement that involves confidentiality and non-disclosure clauses
- They have the inclusive rate of 10¢ per word, with content planning and proofreading
- Charge monthly for a number of words or purchase "à la carte" content
- Every user gets an account manager to allot and update projects
- Feature-rich dashboard complete with a content scheduling calendar
- It also provides a mobile app for managing your content on-the-go
- ContentFly: It was founded in June 2018 in Canada. ContentFly's has the privilege to fame is the infamous buzzword: Artificial Intelligence. They state that they use AI to automatically match writers to the content pieces that need to be written, although it's unclear just how advanced this algorithm is.
- Uses AI to match writers to projects
- Request content using a form and receive it through email
- Straightforward pricing, starting at about 6¢ per word
- Research and images are also counted in the fee
- Cypress: Much like Verblio, Copypress has decided to move ahead from being a typical writing agency and offer additional services that include graphic design, custom illustrations, and animated videos. You can manage anything you order from Copypress' dashboard and, while quick and modest, the CMS (Content Management System) is updated, allowing you to track the current status of a given project at-a-glance.
- Pricing information isn't available, you'll need to schedule a call with them
- The team will support you build a content strategy
- A custom Copypress dashboard is available to manage your projects
- They promise to reassess, evaluate and train every worker
- They suggest custom design and other services also
- Verblio: It is based in Colorado, Verbliosustains that it's a tech company before anything else, and that's why they bring many other elements to the table. While most writing agencies stick to specifying in written content, Verblio has several add-ons, like text-based teaser videos. The base pricing doesn't include proofreading or SEO
- A ready-to-publish 300-word microblog post costs $54.90
- Suggests a subscription model where users pay monthly or annually
- Pricing is based on the amount of content you demand
Lots of add-ons, although the prices can add up quick at approximately $10 per photo