What are the benefits of eating vegetables?🤔
Vegetables are such thing which is not liked by any child. No matter how delicious the vegetable is!!!
I know all of you agree with me regarding this topic.
We all have to eat vegetables every day as they are very important for our health. Vegetables provide essential vitamins, minerals and other nutrients such as antioxidants and fibre.
According to research, those who eat at least 5 servings of vegetables a day have the lower risk of many diseases including cancer and heart disease.
In this article, I am going to discuss some vegetables and their benefits with all of you.
These vegetables are as follow-
- Spinach is a superfood as it is loaded with tons of nutrients in a low-calorie package.
- It is also an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C and folate as well as being a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2 .
- It also helps us in maintaining our blood sugar level. Spinach also proves beneficial in weight loss process.
- It has a high source of zeaxanthin and carotenoids that can flush out the free radicals from our body.
- So, all you need to do is to consume spinach and prevent yourself from many diseases.
- Broccoli is low in calories but contains of wealth of nutrients and antioxidants that support many aspects of human health.
- It is a good source of fibre and protein.
- It contains iron, potassium, calcium, selenium and magnesium.
- It contains various bioactive compounds that contribute to reduce inflammation.
- According to some research, broccoli may have cancer preventative effect.
- You know what is the most important fact about broccoli is that it helps to slow down the ageing process.
- Peas are a sweet, starchy vegetable and it contains 134 calories per cooked cup.
- It is a good source of plant based protein.
- Peas are a good source of vitamin C and vitamin E.
- It contains several antioxidants that strengthen our immune system.
- Peas can do wonders for our digestion.
- It helps to cure anaemia as it is a good source of iron.
- It can also boost eyesight as it contains Lutein which reduces the risk of cataract and macular degeneration or loss of vision in old age.
- Carrot can also helps us to improve our eyesight as it contains a compound called, beta- carotene.
- Carrot is a good source of fibre, vitamin K1, potassium and antioxidants.
- They are helpful in reducing weight.
- Carrot also helps in repairing your your skin tissues and helps to protect your skin from harmful radiation.
- Eating raw carrots can help to improve our dental health.
- You can easily boost your immunity by eating more garlic.
- Garlic's antioxidant and antibacterial properties can clear your skin by killing acne causing bacteria.
- According to some research, rubbing raw garlic over pimples can clear them away.
- Garlic improves cholesterol level with may lower the risk of heart disease.
- Active components which are present in garlic helps in reducing blood pressure level.
There are many such vegetables which have a lot of benefits.
So, that's why all of you must adopt the habit of eating vegetables daily in your life for your own good.
Remember one thing that no one can feed you vegetables forcefully. It only depends on you whether you have to live a healthy life or an unhealthy life.