Onion Pakode: Easy-To-Cook Recipe
Onion Pakode are one of the most loved and easy-to-make snacks. Pakodas are a deep-fried snack made with gram flour, salt, spices and a main ingredient; in this recipe the man ingredient is onion. You can also substitute onion with cauliflower, paneer or any other vegetable as per your liking.
2 Cups Sliced Onions (Moderately thin)
½ Teaspoon Minced Ginger
2-3 Chopped Green Chillies
2 Tablespoon Coriander Leaves
1 Teaspoon Salt
¼ Teaspoon Turmeric
1¼ Cup Gram Flour (Besan)
¼ Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (optional)
1. Take a mixing bowl and add sliced onions, minced ginger, chopped green chillies, coriander leaves and ½ teaspoon salt. Mix well and squeeze the onions a couple of times so the moisture is released. Keep it aside for 7-10 minutes.
2. In the meantime, take another bowl and add besan, turmeric, red chilli powder, 1 cup water and ½ teaspoon salt. Mix well and make sure no lumps are formed.
3. Take a kadai or deep frying pan, add oil and let it heat until it's sizzling hot. Now the onions you had put aside in the bowl before, pour it all in another boul where you prepared the paste of besan. Mix well.
4. Check how hot the oil is by dropping a smal drop of besan in the pan and if it rises without browing or does not sink, it's hot enough for frying.
5. Take small portions of besan paste of onions and gently drop them in the oil. Make sure you are frying it on medium heat and stir occasionally. Fry them until the pakoda becomes golden color.
6. Take a plate and put the fried pakodas on it. Make sure you place the pakodas on a tissue so it soaks all the excess oil from the pakodas. For the next batch, reduce the flame of the stove and ensure the oil isn't too hot.
Serve hot with green chutney, ketchup or tea.