Easy to Cook Masala Pasta Recipe
Masala Pasta is one-of-a-kind fusion recipe between two popular cuisines; Indian and Italian cuisine. In this dish, the authentic Italian recipe is given a twist of desi spices to satisfy the taste buds of spice lovers. It can be eaten as breakfast or in-between meals and is also an ideal recipe for lunch box for children or when you're going out to a picnic.
Time: 30 to 40 minutes
1 Cup Pasta/Macaroni
Vegetables- Capsicum, Peas, Carrot etc (Optional)
3 Tablespoon Oil
1 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Garlic
2 Finely Chopped Green Chilli
1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
2 Tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes
1 Teaspoon Mixed Herbs
⅓ Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
1. Take a pot and fill it with 4 glasses of water. Let it boil.
2. Now add 1 cup of pasta in boiled water. Cover the container with a lid and let it cook on low flame.
3. In the meantime, take out onion, tomato, green chilli, capsicum or any other vegetable as per your liking and chop them finely.
4. Take a small bowl and add 1 tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder, 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp mixed herbs.
5. Put it all aside and check if macaroni is boiled well and not raw, it should be boiled by now. Turn off the flame and leave it in the container with boiled water.
6. Now put a cauldron on another stove and 2 tablespoon of oil. Let it heat. Now take out all the chopped vegetables and spices mixture.
7. Add ⅓ cumin seeds in hot oil and lower the flame. After they get dark brown-ish color, add onion and stir a little. When onions get the golden brown color, add tomato. Stir well.
Now add all the spices. Keep stirring and make sure it doesn't burn, neither stick to the cauldron's base. Add the rest of chopped vegtables. Let it cook for a minute on low flame and in the meantime, strain the pasta.
8. Add ¼ glass of water and stir again. Now add ketchup and mix it well. Turn the flame high. Now add the strained pasta and mix it well. Turn off the flame.
Masala Pasta is now ready. Serve it hot.