Easy to Cook Healthy Snack- Besan Chilla Recipe
Besan Chilla is a very tasty and healthy Indian recipe that can be eaten as a breakfast or evening snack. It is also very convenient and easy to make. Just mix some ingredients and readily-available spices and it is ready to be cooked. Chilla is also very healthy and nutritious, rich in vitamins. Even diabetic and heart patients can eat this delicious snack without worry!
1 Cup Gram Flour (Besan)
3-4 Teaspoon Spring Onion (finely chopped)
1 Teaspoon Garlic (finely chopped)
1 small sized Tomato (finely chopped)
3-4 Teaspoon Coriander Leaves (chopped)
1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
Salt to taste
1. Take out 1 bowl and add 1 cup of gram flour(besan) in it. Add onion, garlic, chilli paste, tomato, coriander leaves, 1/2 teaspoon oil, turmeric powder, baking soda, lemon juice and salt. Now mix well.
2. Gradually add water and mix it well. Make sure no lumps are formed and batter should not be thick.
3. Take out one pan and put it on stove. Pour some oil or a small cube of butter. Let it heat.
4. Pour the batter on the hot pan and spread it as evenly as possible. Let it cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
5. On the uncooked side of the chilla, pour some oil droplets and then flip it gently. After a minute check the other side as well. Make sure the chilla is cooked well and is of golden brown color.
Serve hot with green chutney and tomato ketchup!