Add Flavor to Food
Spruce up your taste buds and fall in love with Indian curries. How? By simply adding aromatic spices to every dish. When you are unaware of the benefits and purpose of spices yet decide to buy Indian masala online, it becomes difficult to select the right ones. So, learn all about the Indian masalas today and then buy premium quality spices.
Apart from adding aroma and flavor to the dishes, spices also contain oodles of antioxidants, essential nutrients, oils, minerals, and vitamins.
Purpose of Indian Spices
· Aroma and flavor – Meals can always be transformed into amazing dishes by adding flavors into them. Starting from some sweet hints to hot kicks, spices are really versatile. They add a beautiful aroma to the Indian dishes and often the make-or-break factor for eating a dish. You can also create flavorful drinks with the use of healthy spices like coriander, cloves, cardamom, and more.
· Changing and enhancement of color – When we eat at an Indian restaurant, we often notice the deep and dark colors of the dishes. This is because when we create typical Indian cooking, spices like paprika and turmeric can give really bright and beautiful colors to the dishes.
· Enhancement of food taste – Most of us think that salt is the epitome of flavors and whenever a dish feels bland, just add salt! But that is not the reality. There are a lot of other spices like cumin, cinnamon, and mustard that add natural flavor to every dish. Curry dishes like seasonal soups and barbeque sauces are prepared using aromatic spices.
Health Benefits of Indian Spices
· Indian spices include a lot of chemical compounds derived from plants to prevent various diseases and promote healthy properties. Since ancient times, spices have been used for their anti-flatulent, anti-inflammatory, and carminative properties.
· Spices contain components that have anti-clotting properties and assure easy blood flow, prevent coronary artery disease and stroke.
· Spices have active principles that promote easy digestion through improved intestinal tract motility. It also increases digestion power through the stimulation of excessive gastrointestinal enzyme secretion in the gut.
· When you add spices in food or tea, they help treat problems like indigestion, upset stomach, influenza, cold, mild fever, and painful menstruation.
· When you gargle your throat with thyme water, it helps treat bronchitis symptoms and relieve throat pain. Thyme is also used as a mouthwash for treating gingivitis and caries.
· Apart from the benefits discussed above, spices can also be used for deodorants and aromatherapy. They contain essential elements like iron, potassium, magnesium, and manganese. Manganese is used by the body along with other antioxidant enzymes. Potassium on the other hand is beneficial for body fluids and cells in controlling the blood pressure and heart rate.
To enhance the flavor and aroma of your dishes, Goodie Grocer has a lot of spices, pure spice powders, and spice blends. Whenever you want to buy Indian masala online, we are there for you! Our delivery service is available in GTA as well as the Greater Golden Horseshoe Area.