Best TikTok Makeup Hacks
Because all good things must come to an end, the days of summer will be over before we know it. While we kiss tan lines and trendy sunnies goodbye, it's also time to whip out your super cute backpack and best back-to-school fits. Putting together a first day ~look~ requires effort, and some may say it takes a lot of time. But how do you do it if you love looking good and hate waking up early?
This summer, you might have been scrolling endlessly on TikTok's "For You" page, which picks content specifically catered to what you like. For me, that's all things related to beauty. Makeup is an art and a form of self-expression. There's no right or wrong way to do it, but there are plenty of different techniques out there.
TikTok has a *ton* of fresh makeup hacks, and while they can be hit or miss, I've laid out the best of the best so you can still look amazing while getting some well-deserved snooze time.
A full, fluffy brow has been all the rage lately — I mean, just take a look at Cara Delevigne and Lily Collins. Annie Tran proves that the soap brow technique is the perfect way to achieve this look.
How to do it
- Spray the bar of soap with water and swipe a spoolie on it until a paste forms.
- With the spoolie, comb your brows in an "up and out" direction.
- Trim or shape your brows as needed.
- If desired, fill in sparse areas with a brow powder or pomade.
- Carve underneath the brow using a small brush and concealer
Think your lips, but better. TikTok user Stephanie Valentine rocks a full-coverage glam with this hack and it can pretty much be done with any look you opt for.
How to do it
- Take your favorite red lipstick (or lip oil, for a glossy natural finish) and dot it in the center of your lips.
- Rub the product into the outer areas of your lips with your finger. Then, smack your top and bottom lips together to seamlessly blend everything together.
- Optional: Top it off with a clear gloss or balm.