Women : What We Say Vs What We Really Mean
1. LESSON One (A true classic, if I do say so myself)
- What We Say: ‘It’s Fine‘
- What We Really Mean: It’s not fine o. Don’t let this my calm voice deceive you. We must have a long conversation about this matter. And don’t start asking me JAMB questions about what you did. You should already know.
2. LESSON 2
- What We Say: ‘I’m Not Hungry’
- What We Really Mean: I’m not hungry AT THE MOMENT, but I may be hungry later on, so I wouldn’t say no to your offer. However, I don’t want to seem like a pig, so I’ll hold myself.
3. LESSON 3
- What We Say: ‘I Don’t Care’
- What We Really Mean: I care. I really, really, really do care. It’s very significant & and I’ll be thinking about it throughout the day.
4. LESSON 4
- What We Say: ‘What? / Eh?’
- What We Really Mean: No, I heard you the first time, but talk am again if you get liver. I’m giving you a wonderful opportunity to retract your statement.
5. LESSON 5
- What We Say: ‘I Just Want A Guy With A Great Personality’
- What We Really Mean: I just want a nice looking, sweet, funny and financially stable guy who also happens to have a great personality.
6. LESSON 6
- What We Say: ‘I’m Almost Ready’
- What We Really Mean: Still in my PJs. Give me an hour to gather up any morale I possess to start getting ready. One must never rush perfection.
7. LESSON 7
- What We Say: ‘I Don’t Really Feel Like Going Out’
- What We Really Mean: If you think I’m leaving my warm bed, snacks and Netflix, after putting on my hair net, to go trapezing about on these streets, you must be seriously delusional.
8. LESSON 8
- What We Say: ‘I Like Him, But………’
- What We Really Mean: Nope, not into him. Don’t like him, might never like him, but let’s be polite about it.
9. LESSON 9
- What We Say: ‘He’s A Nice Guy’
- What We Really Mean: I don’t know how I feel about him yet, so I’m going to use the most neutral adjective possible to describe him for the mean time.
10. LESSON 10
- What We Say: ‘I Have Nothing To Wear’
- What We Really Mean: Nothing fits me or looks good on me/There’re so many choices that it’s overwhelming/ I have nothing new or interesting to wear.
11. LESSON 11
- What We Say: ‘Yes’
- What We Really Mean: Yes, but possibly No, but it could somehow turn into a Yes later on…….On second thought, No. Let’s go with No.
12. LESSON 12
- What We Say: ‘She’s alright, but…..’
- What We Really Mean: I dislike her immensely. Let me now list the reasons why.
13. LESSON 13
- What We Say: ‘Do Whatever You Want’
- What We Really Mean: You should know me better by now. But please, by all means, go ahead. Whatever you see, collect.
THANKS FOR READING!!