Best Lyrics From Taylor Swift's "1989" Album!
Taylor Swift's best selling album “1989”, released in 2014 is indeed a celebration of youth. The years of early 20s when you are unapologetic about yourself but also cross path with the heightened emotions. To me, youth is the years when we are passionate about everything, a celebration of love, freedom and heartbreak; and all of these emotions are put so well into this one album by Artist of The Decade, Taylor Swift. Here are some of my favorite lyrics from the album;
1. All you had to do was stay.
2. People like you always want back the love they gave away.
3. People like me are gone forever when you say goodbye.
4. The water filled my lungs, I screamed so loud but no one heard a thing.
5. You're still all over me like a wine-stained dress I can't wear anymore.
6. Band-aids don't fix bullet holes.
7. You're thinking that I hate you now 'cause you still don't know what I never said.
8. Haven't you heard what becomes of curious minds?
9. Say you'll remember me, standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset, babe.
10. I could show you incredible things; magic, madness, heaven, sin.
11. So it's gonna be forever or it's gonna go down in flames.
12. Darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream.
13. We play dumb, but we know exactly what we're doing.
14. We cry tears of mascara in the bathroom.
15. Honey, life is just a classroom.
16. 'Cause baby, I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me.
17. Heartbreak is our national anthem.
18. The best people in life are free.
19. Please leave me stranded it's so romantic.
20. The rest of the world was black and white but we were in screaming color.
21. Long drive could end in burning flames or paradise.
22. You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye and I got that red lip classic thing that you like.
23. You got that long hair, slicked back, white t-shirt and I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt.
24. In silent screams and wildest dreams I never dreamed of this.
25. Your smile, my ghost, I fell to my knees.
26. There were strangers talking, whispers turned to talking and talking turned to screams.
27. Kaleidoscope of loud heartbeats under coats.
28. The lights are so bright but they never blind me.
29. Took our broken hearts, put them in a drawer